Calacatta Quartz worktops have become increasingly popular in recent years, and for good reason. These worktops combine the elegance of natural Calacatta marble with the durability and low maintenance of quartz, making them the perfect choice for any modern kitchen or bathroom.
In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the beauty and durability of Calacatta Quartz. We’ll start by explaining what it is and why it’s such a popular choice. Then we’ll discuss the advantages of using it for worktops in your kitchen or bathroom, including their durability, resistance to stains and scratches, and ease of maintenance.
Finally, we’ll provide some tips on how to order your 30mm or 20mm quartz worktop Calacatta online.
The Natural Character of Calacatta Marble
Origins, Production, and Appeal
Calacatta marble is a type of natural stone that originates from quarries in the Apuan Mountains of Carrara, Italy. It is highly prized for its bright white background and distinct veining patterns, which range in colour from gold to grey.
It’s formed from limestone that has been subjected to high pressure and heat over time. The resulting stone is highly dense and durable, with a smooth, polished surface that reflects light beautifully.
What makes it so beloved is its unique beauty and character.
Each slab is one-of-a-kind, with its own individual veining and colouration. The gold veining in particular is highly sought after, as it adds a touch of warmth and luxury to any space.
However, because of its natural porosity and softness, Calacatta marble requires regular maintenance and sealing to protect it from stains and scratches.
What are Calacatta Quartz Worktops?
Calacatta Quartz is a category of man-made quartz surfaces that mimic the look of natural Calacatta marble. They’re made from a combination of natural quartz and resin, which is then pigmented to create the desired colour and pattern. The result is a material that is more durable and resistant to damage than natural marble, while still retaining the beauty and elegance of the original stone.
Calacatta Gold vs Calacatta, what’s the difference?
The Calacatta Quartz pattern features a white background with bold grey veining that runs through the slab in a dramatic and random pattern. The grey veining ranges in intensity, and can be either light or dark. The result is a stunning and elegant surface that captures the beauty of natural Calacatta marble.
In contrast, the Calacatta Gold Quartz pattern features a similar white background, but with warm gold veining that runs through the slab. The gold veining ranges in intensity, and can be either subtle or bold. The result is a surface that exudes luxury and elegance, with a unique character that sets it apart from other Calacatta patterns.
Both the Calacatta Quartz and Calacatta Gold Quartz patterns offer stunning and unique looks that can add value and beauty to any space. The choice between the two ultimately comes down to personal preference and the specific needs of your home.
If you’re looking for a bold, dramatic pattern with grey veining, then Calacatta Quartz may be the right choice for you. However, if you’re seeking a warm, luxurious look with gold veining, then Calacatta Gold Quartz may be the perfect fit.
Advantages of using Quartz worktops
They’re not only beautiful and durable, but they are also highly functional and practical for use in kitchens and other food preparation areas. Here are some of the specific ways in which they are food safe, antibacterial, acid-resistant, scratch-resistant, and stain-resistant:
- Food Safe: They’re non-porous, which means that they don’t absorb liquids or bacteria. This makes them highly food safe, as they won’t harbour harmful bacteria that can cause illness. Additionally, the smooth, non-textured surface makes them easy to clean and sanitise, ensuring that they’re always safe for food preparation.
- Antibacterial: As mentioned earlier, the non-porous surface makes them highly resistant to bacterial growth. This means that they’re naturally antibacterial, and won’t require the use of harsh chemicals or disinfectants to keep them clean and safe for use in food preparation areas.
- Acid-resistant: They’re highly resistant to acids, which means that they won’t etch or corrode when exposed to acidic foods or liquids. This makes them a great choice for use in kitchens, where acidic substances like vinegar or lemon juice are commonly used.
- Scratch-resistant: They’re also highly scratch-resistant, which means that they won’t become damaged or worn over time due to regular use. This is thanks to the hard and durable nature of quartz, which makes it highly resistant to scratches and abrasions.
- Stain-resistant: Finally, they’re highly resistant to staining. This is because the non-porous surface of the quartz prevents liquids and oils from penetrating the surface and causing permanent staining. This means that even spills and splatters can be easily wiped away without leaving a lasting mark.
Calacatta quartz worktops are not only beautiful and durable, but also highly functional and practical for use in kitchens and other food preparation areas. Their food safe, antibacterial, acid-resistant, scratch-resistant, and stain-resistant properties make them the perfect choice for anyone looking for a beautiful and practical worktop that will stand the test of time.
Ordering a quote online:
If you’re in the market for new kitchen worktops, these marble-effect surfaces are hard to beat. Ordering from MGD is easy and you can even get a quote online
Once you’ve picked the one you like, request a quote through the product page and if you so desire, request a sample so that you can see it up close before you commit to ordering.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us, where one of our helpful team will be happy to assist you with your selection and answer any questions you have about sourcing, supplying, templating, fabricating and fitting your new quartz worktops.
Tap “add to quote” on any product’s page to send us a quote request. You can even upload drawings. See highlight in image below:
In conclusion, Calacatta Quartz worktops offer a beautiful and practical solution for those looking for a durable, low maintenance surface that still maintains the elegance and character of natural Calacatta marble. Made from a combination of natural quartz and resin, they are highly resistant to damage, bacteria, and staining, making them ideal for use in kitchens and other food preparation areas.
Whether you’re remodelling your kitchen or bathroom, or simply looking to upgrade your current worktops, they offer the perfect combination of style and function. With their stunning veining patterns, wide range of colours and patterns, and customisable sizing, you’re sure to find the perfect worktop to fit your needs and style.
At the end of the day, whether you choose natural Calacatta marble or Calacatta quartz worktops, you can be sure that you’ll have a beautiful and unique surface that will add value and character to your home for years to come.