About Unistone Bianco Assoluto:
Unistone Bianco Assoluto is a white quartz kitchen worktop surface made to go with any modern kitchen design. Its beautiful white finish provides brightness and lustre in any setting, creating a beautiful glow in a bright kitchen with lots of windows, or brightness and space in a darker kitchen where natural light is at a premium.
Unistone® Bianco Assoluto is perfect for kitchens, bathrooms, interior floors and walls. We typically use it for kitchen worktops and islands where a pure white finish is desirable in contrast to other colours or where a seamless look is required. We do use it in several other ways including:
– Inside Paving
– Wall cladding
– Decorative cut-to-size – Stairs
About the Unistone range of quartz surfaces:
Unistone® is an agglomerated stone composed of silicium and quartz with polyester-resin as a binder. Unistone® is produced with the BRETON-technology with “Through Tone Technology” and is NSF-certified. The quartz-content varies between 90% and 93% depending on the type of Unistone®.
Unistone quartz composite is standard available in slabs of 300×140 centimetres. For a large number of colours, a Jumbo format is also possible, with a size of 330×165 centimetres. Depending on the colour, the Unistone is available in a thickness of 1.2, 2 or 3 centimetres and in one or more of the following finishes:
- Polished: Without a doubt, the glossiest and smoothest finish, highlighting the colours, patterns, and white spots. Dark shades create a mirror effect.
- Honed: The surface is scoured until a warm, matt shine is obtained. The grain size during scouring determines the final result.
- Velluto: Innovative finishing method developed within Brachot. A velvet, matt finish with warm colours that’s very maintenance-friendly.
Unistone is ideal for use in the kitchen or in bathrooms. It is an extremely low-maintenance, low-porosity and durable material. The Quartz Composite is resistant to most chemicals and stains and is certified antibacterial.
- Food safe
- Acid resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Stain resistant
Aside from Unistone Bianco Assoluto, the Unistone range is available in over 50 colours, from snow white to pitch black – and everything in between. The extensive palette focuses on natural nuances with visible or camouflaged structures. You can choose between numerous patterns, from a marble look to the look of granite, limestone, concrete, and much more.
Looking after Unistone
For regular maintenance, it is important not to use greasy products to avoid the formation of a superficial greasy layer.
For polished agglomerated stone materials, an extra impregnation product is normally not necessary. When an extra impregnation product is desired, one can apply a water-based impregnation product. For the brushed finishes, it is recommended to apply an extra impregnation product.
Since the material is very compact, sometimes “stains” can be formed on the surface (in a superficial layer of maintenance products or surplus of impregnation product). Such “stains” are usually easy to remove with CIF Cream or VIM (do not use the latter on polished surfaces). For more stubborn stains, stronger cleaners can be used. – Source: https://www.brachot.com/sites/default/files/import/cspwhi-unba-unistonebiancoassoluto-en-td.pdf
Observations and recommendations
– Shades of colour and / or granulometry may be present between the different batches and even within the same batch.
– It is a very hard, very compact material that is resistant to scratches and most staining substances. Due to the high hardness, this material is less “elastic”. With sudden hard impacts, small pieces may chip off.
– ATTENTION: this material is not heat-resistant for higher temperatures. Do not put a hot pan or pot directly on the surface!
– Small pigment “spots” may sporadically occur but have no technical disadvantages.
– This material cannot be used for exterior applications, since it is not UV-resistant (the colour changes when exposed to direct sunlight)